Rescue hens?

@PoultryQueen101 @LovemyBabies I have a little game pullet who's scared of her own shadow (bless her) I bet those three would make a good flock! Gah if only
1f615.png

@LovemyBabies bless her heart! She's a beautiful hen!

She was very curly and pretty in the beginning - but the damaged she endured not all her feathers grow back - her head stays like a mow hawk- her back hip area stays down like sometimes -

@PoultryQueen101 poor thing! Maybe she'll get to keep her feathers this time!

This from the Roos that appeared in the baby flock she was put in - as we were hoping she could finally be in a flock- it didn't go as planned - they tried to breed her to death-

@PoultryQueen101 @LovemyBabies I have a little game pullet who's scared of her own shadow (bless her) I bet those three would make a good flock! Gah if only
1f615.png

Curly Sue is now scared to death to be put with other older birds- she just shivers - she's fine with babies as we've had to just keep her with babies- sad part is the first set that tried to kill her she had grown up with :(

Bless her heart after all she's been through she's still just as sweet- she'd make a great pet for a lil girl as she's 2-3 times smaller than the other frizzles we have- birds can be cruel to others that are a little different, but we still love them and enjoy their company just the same

Awe if you were closer I have a semi rescue - I've had to rescue our petite bantam frizzle from multiple flocks - 2 attempted pure murder and another just tried to breed her the death- poor thing is just so sweet - but has to stay alone unless she hatches her own babies or raises old enough ones to form her own flock-

Curly Sue

And yes she's finally growing her feathers back yet again - poor thing just hasn't had no luck
Awh! I rescued a breeding hen in the spring time. She was at the chillicothe swap meet and some guy had her in a cage with 4 rooster that were stepping on her. You could not see her at all from the side walk. I heard her and I rushed over to her sound and told the guy "I WANT HER" He said 15 dollars, and I told him " $10 and thats it". He gave her to me for $10 and my mom was mad that we got her for 10 cause she was not worth it. I held her so close to me and she was so happy! We never caged her on the way home, she just sat on my lap. When we got home, i let her on grass and she fallowed me EVERYWHERE! I rescue roosters and this was my first Hen rescue. Now you may think that this is not a rescue. Well if you saw her you would be like omg...what did he do to her?

She has stunned growth in her chest feathers and wont grow any beard feathers. She went passed a roosters cage and she just pent over like she is used to it. I felt so bad and I promise you will never be breed. She is my most spoiled Hen ever. I always let her go where she wants to go and I cant ever cage her because she has anxiety. When we move into our own house, she will live inside with us. She is just so sweet and loves attention.

Now I have my own breeding pair. names are Percilla and Dude, But! If I separate them, they freak out and go crazy. My hen wont lay eggs unless she is alone with him and no other hen or rooster is there. I call them my married couple. I tried giving her a break but that didnt work out too well...

You can rescue a hen, and that hen is your world. For that single Hen, she believes in you. weither she was breed, Abused, raised wrong, or was fought, She think you are her world.
Here is her, she is a porcelain bearded D'uccle and her name is Lady.
This is the first day we got her.

first time out.

Lady today

Awh! I rescued a breeding hen in the spring time. She was at the chillicothe swap meet and some guy had her in a cage with 4 rooster that were stepping on her. You could not see her at all from the side walk. I heard her and I rushed over to her sound and told the guy "I WANT HER" He said 15 dollars, and I told him " $10 and thats it". He gave her to me for $10 and my mom was mad that we got her for 10 cause she was not worth it. I held her so close to me and she was so happy! We never caged her on the way home, she just sat on my lap. When we got home, i let her on grass and she fallowed me EVERYWHERE! I rescue roosters and this was my first Hen rescue. Now you may think that this is not a rescue. Well if you saw her you would be like omg...what did he do to her? She has stunned growth in her chest feathers and wont grow any beard feathers. She went passed a roosters cage and she just pent over like she is used to it. I felt so bad and I promise you will never be breed. She is my most spoiled Hen ever. I always let her go where she wants to go and I cant ever cage her because she has anxiety. When we move into our own house, she will live inside with us. She is just so sweet and loves attention. Now I have my own breeding pair. names are Percilla and Dude, But! If I separate them, they freak out and go crazy. My hen wont lay eggs unless she is alone with him and no other hen or rooster is there. I call them my married couple. I tried giving her a break but that didnt work out too well... You can rescue a hen, and that hen is your world. For that single Hen, she believes in you. weither she was breed, Abused, raised wrong, or was fought, She think you are her world. Here is her, she is a porcelain bearded D'uccle and her name is Lady. This is the first day we got her. first time out. Lady today
She's a very pretty bird- sad how some people could be cruel like that and chickens to other chickens- our lil curly Sue grew up with the first bunch that attempted to kill her and yet they still did so- after she healed we tried putting her with her own kind think maybe that was the problem - no go again - so since it's hard to keep just 1 bird separated we had her basically raise chicks- she made sure they knew she was boss but never hurt them - all wise fine until this last batch we had her in 4 roosters appeared and being she was broody at the time we didn't know what was happening until we caught them in the act- so yet again we had to hurry and rescue her from the lil flock we put her in hoping she could finally become part of a flock- I think the problem is that she's just so passive that she doesn't defend herself she just lets them do what they do to her- right now she is in with a petite d'uccle rooster who also received the same fate from his siblings - curly Sue put next to other like frizzles is about 2-3 times smaller than them so that may be the cause of the issue along with her very passive personality- even tho she has gone through all that she has, she is still just as sweet as she was day 1 - which breaks my heart for her - as she can never be put with other flocks unless they are chicks and her size - she at times loves being alone but then again she so wants to be with other birds that we just can't do

She's a very pretty bird- sad how some people could be cruel like that and chickens to other chickens- our lil curly Sue grew up with the first bunch that attempted to kill her and yet they still did so- after she healed we tried putting her with her own kind think maybe that was the problem - no go again - so since it's hard to keep just 1 bird separated we had her basically raise chicks- she made sure they knew she was boss but never hurt them - all wise fine until this last batch we had her in 4 roosters appeared and being she was broody at the time we didn't know what was happening until we caught them in the act- so yet again we had to hurry and rescue her from the lil flock we put her in hoping she could finally become part of a flock-

I think the problem is that she's just so passive that she doesn't defend herself she just lets them do what they do to her- right now she is in with a petite d'uccle rooster who also received the same fate from his siblings - curly Sue put next to other like frizzles is about 2-3 times smaller than them so that may be the cause of the issue along with her very passive personality- even tho she has gone through all that she has, she is still just as sweet as she was day 1 - which breaks my heart for her - as she can never be put with other flocks unless they are chicks and her size - she at times loves being alone but then again she so wants to be with other birds that we just can't do
Curly Sue will find a good flock. She seems wise but does whatever roosters say, that's how Lady is. Size does matter to some flocks.

@poultryqueen101
What's the status of your hen? (It's a chicken hen right?) and are near Cincinnati?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom