Rescued an abandoned kitten

ChickenNugget89

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2015
So my friends kids found 3 abandoned kittens behind their apartment complex and they were so hungry that they were eating their dead sibling. My friend took them in and is finding good homes. I took a female 4 days ago and named her Cami. My friend said that Cami was eating hard food. She's taken maybe a few bites but otherwise she comes up to me meowing and trying to nurse on me. I've been giving her bottles whenever she does this. She is extremely attached to me and gets visibly stressed when she is away from me. If I leave the room and don't carry her with me (I don't trust my dogs with her), she cries at my door or gets in a panic trying to climb up my leg. This morning I was in the shower and she was pacing and crying the whole time. I think she views me as her mom and I'm trying to teach her like a mother cat would. Whenever she bites or gets too rough, I hiss or growl and she immediately stops. I'm worried about her separation anxiety. And I really need to get her on a feeding schedule. Based on this video of her trying to nurse on me, how old do you think she is? Any advice or input would be appreciated!!

I was only able to get one of the kittens. She is at least 4 weeks old based on her mobility but that is all I know as far as her age goes.

Back
Top Bottom