Rescued Baby Pictures

jimnjay

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Bryant Alabama
Here are a few pictures of the new babies. These are Balck Silkies and Cuckoo Silkies. The first picture is of the two that mama deserted and I had to help them hatch the eggs were stone cold when I found them. The others are the ones she hatched but I took them from her. You can no longer tell which one was almost gone when I got out there. The little black one in the first picture is very sticky at that point only out about 3 hours old but it has a serious vaulted skull. The one in front of the second pic is already named Sumo, looks like a very fat wrestler to me.
NewCoop024.jpg

NewCoop026.jpg

Oh Jaynie, what some cuties you have there. Show us more!!!! We love babies. I am so in love with my babies. You have no idea. I am completely addicted. And the one black silkie I have has that vaulted head like yours. Too cute. I think it acts like a roo already, very proud and struts. The other black silkie that has the white on it is like your sumu wrestler. I have been calling her granny because she looks like an old granny with white bloomers on bending over. Her white shows when she bends over and it looks like her bloomers are showing. I thought about LULU because that is what I call my granny!!

Marie

What darlings... I can't believe mine are so BIG already!!!! They grow so fast...

th.gif

Mudhen, A vaulted Skull is what causes Silkies and Polish to have such a high rise to the crest. The skull is shaped differently than other breeds and they acutally have a hole or soft spot.

Quote:
I'm with you Llysse! We've gotten 3 sets and my newest are so very tiny that I can't recall 5 weeks ago the others being so. Some still do have their Easter colours, though they are quickly losing that.

I don't even know what kind I've got and look forward to figuring it out.

Back
Top Bottom