Rescued Duck

LoveMyPeeps

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Upstate NY
I run a rescue and a colleague of my hubby's dropped off a mallard with an injured foot the other night. She's a sweet thing.

duckday1qr8.jpg

She made a nest in a bag of shredded paper today.
smile.png

How is the duck doing now? Is her foot getting better? ETA: duh... looked at the time stamp AFTER I posted, for some reason was thinking the OP had posted yesterday. Sorry! Let us know how she gets along, please!
smile.png

Last edited:
We've had her a couple of days now and she seems to be improving. She is, at the very least, getting more comfortable in my home. She is eating and drinking well, has made a nest, but walking is still a chore.

beautiful picture -very Renaissance looking.
How is the little quacker?
jan la banan

I have found that a few physio sessions a day in a warm bathtub works wonders for leg injuries. Of course, my husband is not very pleased whenever this happens.

xke4
Yesterday 10:42 pm I have found that a few physio sessions a day in a warm bathtub works wonders for leg injuries

I'm going to try that! (while my husband is at work!!)
lol.png

Thank you!​

Be sure to wash down the debris before it has a chance to harden (poo) and he will be none the wiser!!! Good Luck

Here is my little albino mallard having her physio under the watchful eye of Joey. I use the armrests of the tub to place mealworms and make it like a swim-up bar.
336_dscn0186.jpg

Back
Top Bottom