Rescued Turkeys on Thanksgiving - Any Advice?

Here's a couple of pics.

They seem to like their new place. The bronze tom is the only one strutting with his tail feathers up and he has started gobbling for us.
20181124_115423.jpg

The chickens don't seem to mind their new neighbors. I know it's a hazard to have them where my chickens used to graze because of blackhead but they were just next door and weren't going to last the winter in their previous condition. It's just a chance I decided to take.
20181124_115833.jpg

They look happy. I've thought about getting some turkeys, however, there are a lot of wild turkeys around here and I think they might want to mingle. The wild ones do fly, but not at all gracefully. Keep updating the stream on their recovery. Best wishes.

Looks like the 3 white ones are the only BBs you have. Rest look like standard bronze to me. What are you feeding them currently? Hens still look a bit pale.

Rooster Booster from southern states. It's basically a 20% protein flock feed pellet. I feed my chickens because I don't want to feed my roosters layer feed and I don't want to bother changing their food when they molt or break for winter. I'll put calcium out for them in spring. It's only been a few days.

Back
Top Bottom