Reserve Price Not Met

I appreciate knowing that I am not alone and some better strategy on auctions. I should have asked at the beginning but got so caught up in the beauty of the birds. Why oh why do my eyes have champagne tastes but not the same can be said of my wallet.

hit.gif

Quote:
Agreed!

Which is dumb they do it because it costs more to list an item with a reserve then not....and that is why I do the starting bid at the price I want.

I also skip any reserve auction. When I sell anything I figure out how much I want for it and put that in as my starting price. I then put in a "Buy it now price" somewhere in the range of what would be an average market price.

I also get annoyed when someone lists an auction at "No Reserve!", yet theres a starting price. Well, thats the reserve. No Reserve would mean starting at 0.

See, I hate the buy it now option. It's not even an auction. When you bid on a reserve auction, you know immediately whether the price has been met. It lets sellers know what their product is really worth. I don't see any problem with it, or how it's in the least sneaky.

Quote:
Thats why they do it. You dont like reserves an want them to just post a high start price but just said you bid on there auction over another auction that had a higher start price. That statement by its self shows that reserves are better than high start prices for the seller.

Back
Top Bottom