Resources for breeding show quality Old English Game Bantams

gerardogarcia

Chirping
Feb 29, 2024
Hi there. Over the past two years or so, I’ve acquired a fair number of bb red old english game bantams and currently have two dozen eggs in an incubator. My birds come from a male line so I’d like to develop them to produce quality cocks and cockerels. Does anyone know of a great resource for learning about the breed (old english game bantams) as well as advice on breeding, selecting, culling, etc.? Thanks.

I’ve seen this advertised quite a bit. Don’t know how good it is but it is on the APA website, so…
7FEB59F9-A154-43DC-9ED4-733F17352062.jpeg

I'm assuming you already own an APA or ABA Standard, if not that's step one. Buy a copy of "Old English Game Bantams As Bred & Shown in the US by Fred Jeffrey & William Richardson".

Also attend your local show, find the Old English guys and ask a lot of questions. Most breeders love to share knowledge. If you're exhibiting, when the judge is done, politely ask if they have a few moments to go over your birds with you and that you're new.

Those birds look awesome. I’m primarily focusing on a male line from a breeder in west Texas who got his birds from the Hill Tracy and Andy Barnes lines. I’ll upload some photos here soon. I recently attended my first show on Jan 6 (Bluebonnet Classic in Brazos Valley) Wonderful experience with some neat birds!

Those birds look awesome. I’m primarily focusing on a male line from a breeder in west Texas who got his birds from the Hill Tracy and Andy Barnes lines. I’ll upload some photos here soon. I recently attended my first show on Jan 6 (Bluebonnet Classic in Brazos Valley) Wonderful experience with some neat birds!
Thank you! In your opinion, would you change anything about their appearance? I'm trying to get all the input I can.

Wow, that's awesome! Have you gotten any nice cocks, cockerels from your line?
And do you sell?

Back
Top Bottom