Respiratory disease?

tibbits

Chirping
Jul 11, 2021
I'm having tough luck with my batch of 25 barred and columbian rock hens.. they just started to lay this last week... and yesterday morning i noticed a rattling sound comming from a couple of the roosters, by the evening the whole flock is rattling and sneezing while theyre roosting... and have runny stuff comming out of their beaks... is this CRD? we live in an area i dont know of any kind of 'chicken vet' so with that in mind, how do i deal with this? will the symptoms eventually go away on their own?

I'm having tough luck with my batch of 25 barred and columbian rock hens.. they just started to lay this last week... and yesterday morning i noticed a rattling sound comming from a couple of the roosters, by the evening the whole flock is rattling and sneezing while theyre roosting... and have runny stuff comming out of their beaks... is this CRD? we live in an area i dont know of any kind of 'chicken vet' so with that in mind, how do i deal with this? will the symptoms eventually go away on their own?
maybe i should also add that they are in no way lethargic or acting 'down'. they seem very happy this morning and maybe even a tad bit better!?

Are all your birds in the same coop? It could be an environmental issue causing the symptoms you're seeing. Examples are; soiled bedding giving off ammonia fumes, improper ventilation, pesticide use, pollen, too much DE in the coop.
All of the above can be corrected or eliminated.

Are all your birds in the same coop? It could be an environmental issue causing the symptoms you're seeing. Examples are; soiled bedding giving off ammonia fumes, improper ventilation, pesticide use, pollen, too much DE in the coop.
All of the above can be corrected or eliminated.
ok!! that would be exciting if thats all it is... yesterday i got the whole coop cleaned out, and let them back outside. i had them locked in the coop (its actually a very small two stall barn) for the last week or so due to the coyotes getting so many of them... maybe the fresh air and cleaned barn will help! but its quite drafty in the coop at the best of times, so ventilation shouldnt be to big of a problem...

ok!! that would be exciting if thats all it is... yesterday i got the whole coop cleaned out, and let them back outside. i had them locked in the coop (its actually a very small two stall barn) for the last week or so due to the coyotes getting so many of them... maybe the fresh air and cleaned barn will help! but its quite drafty in the coop at the best of times, so ventilation shouldnt be to big of a problem...
I am following up with this to see what happened? My flock experienced the same symptoms. I have done everything and I’m down to 4 left from 13.

Back
Top Bottom