Respiratory illness

Cluckie Belle

Hatching
Sep 22, 2023
I had a perfectly healthy flock, acquired a rooster from someone I considered reputable. I noticed after a couple of days he had a runny nose..(I know I should have quarantined him!😫!) Anyway, since then, he’s got eaten by a fox but left his germs behind and now I have two hens with runny noses and sneezing! I’m so upset! I’m getting the Vet Rx stuff tomorrow. How do I know what type of respiratory disease this is? They are acting totally fine except for runny nose and sneezing. How do I treat this? Antibiotics? Or is it viral? Or how do I know? Thank you so much! I’m just mad at myself!

now I have two hens with runny noses and sneezing!
The only advice I can give is this: If either of these hens passes, save the body and get it necropsied. Keep it refrigerated, NOT frozen.

Where are you located? There may be a state lab that will do the necropsy for you and tell you what you're dealing with and how to manage the problem.

Thanks.. we actually have a place here in my town that would do that.. makes me sad to think about! But that is a good idea. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see..

Back
Top Bottom