Respiratory issue in hen

Ascites is a fatal condition. I don’t think that draining is that difficult. You may want to look up a few threads on your own, and read more about it. Most say that an 18 gauge needle is the smallest that you can use, and a 16 or 14 gauge would be better. Locating something larger than an 18 may be a challenge. The smaller the number the larger the opening.

Ascites is a fatal condition. I don’t think that draining is that difficult. You may want to look up a few threads on your own, and read more about it. Most say that an 18 gauge needle is the smallest that you can use, and a 16 or 14 gauge would be better. Locating something larger than an 18 may be a challenge. The smaller the number the larger the opening.

Euthanasia is often them most loving thing to do....very difficult but better than watching/letting her suffer any longer.

She doesn't even seem to be in any pain though, shes still very active and alert

What do you mean...she has an air bubble on her neck too?
Can you get a photo of that?
Where have you been injecting the medication?
I haven't been able to get a picture because the air bubble goes away every morning, but comes back sometimes at night. It looks just like a bubble of air on the neck. Ive been injecting the medicine by her breast bone in the muscle.

I haven't been able to get a picture because the air bubble goes away every morning, but comes back sometimes at night. It looks just like a bubble of air on the neck. Ive been injecting the medicine by her breast bone in the muscle.
Could it possibly be her crop since it's there at night and not there in the morning?

upload_2019-12-1_13-46-29.png

https://the-chicken-chick.com/chicken-anatomy-crop-impacted-crop-sour/

Back
Top Bottom