Respiratory issues?

This morning she came out bright eyed and bushy tailed and some of her vocals have come back...she's doing a peeping noise now. She seemed to be eating and drinking, but I am noticing she is opening and closing her bill a lot more today. She just went to go lay down in a spot where she and her sisters usually take a nap. Naps are usual, but the timing is off...everyone usually naps later on in the morning. While she was sitting down, I saw the open bill a lot.

I still don't see any discharge, either from the eyes or the nares.

Is there anything I can to support her until I can get her to a vet? I'm not sure when that will be. When I called they did say that an exotic pet emergency vet would be available on Sunday, but there's no guarantee that said vet would have a whole lot of knowledge about ducks.

Sage's voice was slowly coming back, although it sounded like a squeaky toy, rather than her usual coos and noises. Her energy levels and appetite were doing great as well. Yesterday however, she seemed to have lost her voice completely. Now she does this hissing thing when she wants to 'talk,' like a muscovy. Her appetite and energy levels seems fine. She's foraging, eating and pooping well. I'm really stumped as to what could be going on.

My goodness poor girl. I really don’t know what could be wrong. Have you ever used ACV in their drinking water? I use it as a tonic for my birds. Might be worth trying1 Tablespoon to a gallon of water.

Is it possible she could have eaten something thorny or eaten something that stings ?

Or perhaps an allergy might be causing issues ?
Anything is possible with ducks. :)

She is fully vocal now, doing her usual coos. (She's more of a coo-er than a quacker.) I'm thinking it might be something viral perhaps, because her sister is doing the same thing as well. Everyone is eating, drinking, pooping and acting fine otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom