respiratory treatment for turkey poult?

Ohhh interesting. Looking up chicken coccidia it actually looks a lot more like one I labelled roundworm. I wasn't aware chicken coccidia didn't have the 2 separate circles on the inner circle like in dogs/cats. They were all pretty tiny and look very similar to the coccidia occyst in this picture I think, though I'm not sure. Or it's possible they could also be just roundworms? I was considering doing a corid drench on them to see if it helped more alongside the water.
1626568709801.png

Poultry do not get hookworms. The last photo shows a coccidia oocyst, the rest of the photos all show artifacts-none are parasites. These findings do not warrant treatment with a dewormer.

Poultry do not get hookworms. The last photo shows a coccidia oocyst, the rest of the photos all show artifacts-none are parasites. These findings do not warrant treatment with a dewormer.
Thank you. Should i finish off their corid treatment before switching to treat the congestion? I find poops with spots of blood in it semi frequently even after the 5 day 2tsp/gallon treatment which is why Ive been so worried.

The corid won't interfere with any other treatment.
You will normally find a few coccidia oocysts in normal turkeys and chickens (and most any other animal, actually) throughout their lives, so finding one or two doesn't mean you should treat them. Having symptoms paired with oocysts on fecals is what should trigger treatment, as you are doing.
Good luck with your creatures! :)

Thanks guys! I saw quite a bit of bloody poop this morning, more then I usually do, so I went ahead and treated them all with a corid drench (.1ml orally). I also went to town and bought the Tylan 200 so I could treat the sniffly one without having to switch out the water for the tylan powder. Hopefully I'll see some improvements. These kids have been causing me so much stress haha.

Edit: UGH I completely forgot to ask the question that I meant to ask when replying. I know it's .1ml of tylan 200 3 times a day for 3-5 days, do the doses have to be in equal intervals over 24 hours or can i do them in shorter time spans?
So instead of like, every 8 hours, instead could I do 1 dose at 2pm, then 1 at 5pm, and then 1 at 9pm?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom