Respotory infection in my hen!

Bird fanatic

Songster
May 10, 2021
My hen has a respitory infection I can't go into town to get VetRx until Tuesday though. I need a fix to help hold her over until Tuesday, right now I have some ACV( apple cider vinegar) in her water. Any solutions are helpful!! Thank you!!

Can you be more specific about your ch8cken
For starters:
What breed?
How old?
Post pictures.
When did the problem start?
What makes you think it's respiratory?
She is a black sex link about 3 years old I'll post a pic in a minute about 2 days ago it started, I've had respitory infections in my flock before, she has mucus around her nose and in her mouth and when I listen to her chest it is very crackly

20220814_134334.jpg

Is she making those crackle noise outloud or when you listen with a stethoscope?
Both

My hen has a respitory infection I can't go into town to get VetRx until Tuesday though. I need a fix to help hold her over until Tuesday, right now I have some ACV( apple cider vinegar) in her water. Any solutions are helpful!! Thank you!!

She is a black sex link about 3 years old I'll post a pic in a minute about 2 days ago it started, I've had respitory infections in my flock before, she has mucus around her nose and in her mouth and when I listen to her chest it is very crackly
How have you treated respiratory infection in the past?

Is the foam coming from her beak, any lesions inside the beak? Not sure if I've seen foam like that.

Keep her nostrils wiped clear and see that she's eating/drinking well.
VetRx is a remedy, it's not medication like an antibiotic.

How have you treated respiratory infection in the past?

Is the foam coming from her beak, any lesions inside the beak? Not sure if I've seen foam like that.

Keep her nostrils wiped clear and see that she's eating/drinking well.
VetRx is a remedy, it's not medication like an antibiotic.
I've always treated them with VetRx and it has worked for me. The foam is coming from inside her mouth, and getting on her beak, i've been wiping it away and she is drinking and eating

Back
Top Bottom