Rest in Peace, Diana

thoth1990

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2022
Florida
Lost a special girl this morning very suddenly. Diana, a brown-breasted Partridge hen, one year old. Diana was named after the Roman Goddess because she was a skilled bug huntress from the beginning. She was so fast, zipping around everywhere going after anything that moved, she gained the nickname Spitfire. Once her feathers came in and her personality started to shine, we realized that she was a little lady, very proper and very demanding. Because of that and her unique plumage we gave her the full name Princess Cocoa Diana, also Diana Hime (姫).

Diana liked to play coy if I or my husband were petting another chicken. She would walk up and just look, preen herself, walk a little closer and look some more... and then she would start making these little squeaks and peck at my legs as if asking "hey, why wasn't I first?" When we picked her up she would immediately relax and enjoy some pets. She had really soft feathers and a beautiful comb. She was very smart and observant, I'll miss her very much. I take comfort in the fact that she had a good safe home, delicious food and lots of love. May she rest in peace in the free pastures of Heaven.

I am so sorry you lost her. :hugs These birds know how to burrow right into our hearts and it hurts to lose them. 💔

Back
Top Bottom