resuced two chicks from my neighbor, pics, video and questions

19maycraft

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 5, 2007
Smithfield, NC
Well, to make a long story short, my neighbor got some chicks for his kids for easter...they lost interest and he wanted to let them go..I happily took them, I already have 3 silkies and a polish that are about 6-8 months old. I have had them for about 3 months, they lay eggs every day and seem very happy. I just added these two chicks to the coop a few days ago and they seem to be doing pretty well, will they be ok with the bigger girls I was just spending some time at the coop, the bigger hens are not pecking them or anything.

I have a few questions

1. What breed could they be..they have feathers on their feet so I was thinking cochin or silkie, also I guess they are a little young to tell the sex I only can keep hens due the noise, but I guess I deal with that aspect later

2. They seem to be eating starter feed and layer feed. Should be the ok, they also really love going after and eating mosquitos (a funny site).

Thanks again for all the help on the board

FILE0062.jpg

FILE0063.jpg

FILE0064.jpg

FILE0077.jpg

FILE0078.jpg

FILE0081.jpg

Last edited:
Hi!
frow.gif
My best guess would be cochins...
idunno.gif
Hopefully someone more familiar with feather footed breeds will chime in. Definitely not silkies though. They're adorable babies!

Not sure about the polish, but all of my silkies are very tolerant of new babies hanging around. They should be fine.

I'm really glad you rescued these two!

thanks for all the responses, they are still doing well, everyone so often the polish chases them around but, overall they are happy roommates.....

Back
Top Bottom