Retired Navy and loving the chicken farming

Breeder-wannabe

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Hi all!

Well, I am retired from the Navy and I am now a chicken farmer. I have about 60 chickens, all brown egg layers. My wife and I sell eggs locally and I am looking to expand a little by selling chicks and fertile eggs. Any suggestions about that would be greatly appreciated! I'll try breeding sex-links and see what happens. I have Barred Rocks, Red Stars, Black Stars, Dominiques, Buff Rocks, and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I've done a little bit of incubator action with fair success and all my chickens are free-range on a 40 acre farm. So that's me in a nut (case) shell!

A big
frow.gif
to you from Maine!!! Welcome and look forward to hearing about you and the "girlz"!

Thank you for working as hard as you have for us here in the USA, you are appreciated!
thumbsup.gif

Welcome Aboard Shipmate from a retired Navy too.

Where do you hang your hat? I'm in Granite Falls, WA. I sell hatching eggs, chicks, pullets/cockerels, and adults myself. You can see my birds and place on my website.

God Bless,

First off, Welcome!
frow.gif
So glad to have you aboard!

Second, I want to personally thank you for serving our country! God bless you and your family for your sacrifices you have made over the years.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom