Returning Chicken Member

Jennykins75

Chirping
Feb 25, 2023
Hi -- It is good to be back. I first joined in 2009 when I got my first flock of six. This was such a valuable resource for me in raising happy, healthy, protected hens. About 2015 my town drafted an ordinance to prohibit chickens and everything changed for me and my hens. I had to remove my chickens, so I sold my house and moved. I am now in a place where I can once again have my hens. I'm so excited and so eager.

Hi -- It is good to be back. I first joined in 2009 when I got my first flock of six. This was such a valuable resource for me in raising happy, healthy, protected hens. About 2015 my town drafted an ordinance to prohibit chickens and everything changed for me and my hens. I had to remove my chickens, so I sold my house and moved. I am now in a place where I can once again have my hens. I'm so excited and so eager.
Wow, that's harsh. Glad you are back in the business of chicken tending! So how many do you have now, or have you gotten started yet? Welcome back!

Wow, that's harsh. Glad you are back in the business of chicken tending! So how many do you have now, or have you gotten started yet? Welcome back!
Hi. Thank you. I haven't yet got my chicks -- yesterday I picked out a coop. Last time we built it, but we are 15 years older, so we are content to let someone else enjoy the build. Last time I started with a mix: bantam Light Brahma, Barrier Rock, Ameraucana, bantam Cochin. In the end I fell hook, line, and sinker for those adorable Cochin. If I can't find chicks local then I'd prefer to hatch. My coop arrives in a month, so I'll hold off till then to get babies or eggs. We will need time to build a run once the coop arrives. ♡

Back
Top Bottom