returning fox

sleddog123

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
For 2 days now, an adult fox has been stalking my chickens during the day. Thankfully, they have a well-built coop/run so they were not harmed. It is still a worry that it might get one of my chickens when they are in the yard one day. Any suggestions on how to stop it from coming back?

It is definitely a worry. They are very cunning and persistant creatures. They will hunt in the day or night and don't care if you are around or not. I have lost two of my RIR's to fox. We put up a trail camera and that is when I discovered how ballsey they are. I literally walked past one unknowingly while he was stalking my chickens. They will dig to get in too so hopefully you have chicken wire buried around the coop! Good luck!

We have multiple dens around us and as daveOmak said the fox will outsmart you. We tried to get someone out to trap them and it was going to cost us a very pretty penny, even though they would be making a bundle off of the hides!

Foxes are very smart and very bold. The only true answer is to get rid of it. But one of those flashing predator lights help at night. They think it is a larger predator and don't want a confrontation. I have one of those, a pack of coyotes came in last night but they wouldn't come any closer than about 60 yrds. So the light helps against k-9s, but don't know if they are as effective against foxes as they are a member of the feline family.

Back
Top Bottom