1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Reusing feed bags!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Sparks, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    We have been buying Layena pellets. I always admire the Barred Rocks on the bag. Today being out of wrapping paper for gifts I took the outside layer off. (It comes apart easily) and used that for my paper. It was a great hit. Our friends share our love of our chickens. Great Fun![​IMG]

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Cool idea, I reuse feed bags for garbage bags, and collecting shavings from the shop and bringing them to the horse stalls.

3. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I have an assorment of feed bags stapled on the inside walls of the barn. They are my "redneck" decorations. We have all kinds of different ones. Even some from the rabbit food. Neat idea to use it as gift wrap, maybe when my walls are full I will try that.

4. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I stapled some of my old ones around the outside of my brooder coop to cut the draft from the cracks between the boards. I also have used them to help start the burn pile, garbage bags in the shed, and to put crushed aluminum cans in. I've also been told they make a great killing cone for turkeys if you cut one corner out. Currently, my stack is serving as a cat bed.

5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

some one on here was making shopping bags out of them [​IMG]

6. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Great ideas! I always thought we should be using them! Also wanted to hang them up. REDUCE...REUSE...RECYCLE! We are getting there.[​IMG]

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:They were really great!

BTW - I thought there was a bug on my screen and tried to kill your avatar. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by