Reusing feed bags!

Sparks

Songster
12 Years
Aug 10, 2007
WI
We have been buying Layena pellets. I always admire the Barred Rocks on the bag. Today being out of wrapping paper for gifts I took the outside layer off. (It comes apart easily) and used that for my paper. It was a great hit. Our friends share our love of our chickens. Great Fun!
yippiechickie.gif

Cool idea, I reuse feed bags for garbage bags, and collecting shavings from the shop and bringing them to the horse stalls.

I have an assorment of feed bags stapled on the inside walls of the barn. They are my "redneck" decorations. We have all kinds of different ones. Even some from the rabbit food. Neat idea to use it as gift wrap, maybe when my walls are full I will try that.

I stapled some of my old ones around the outside of my brooder coop to cut the draft from the cracks between the boards. I also have used them to help start the burn pile, garbage bags in the shed, and to put crushed aluminum cans in. I've also been told they make a great killing cone for turkeys if you cut one corner out. Currently, my stack is serving as a cat bed.

Great ideas! I always thought we should be using them! Also wanted to hang them up. REDUCE...REUSE...RECYCLE! We are getting there.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom