Rhino Liner for your coop, its safe!

Darklingstorm

Songster
9 Years
Jan 10, 2011
Durant, Oklahoma
I read on here about the use of Rhino Liner on a coop. I wanted to make sure that it was usable on wood, feeding dishes and not harmful to poultry so I wrote to the company and here is their response:

Hi,
Yes Rhino Linings materials can be sprayed over wood, metal and other surfaces for waterproofing protection and it is not harmful to the livestock. The material has been sprayed in grain bins and feeder trucks for years. You can use it to line your coops and feeders without any issues.
Regards,
Ron LoPresto

I'm going to use it on my duck hut to that the wood won't rot and to help with clean up. I hope it works as great as I think it will.

How much does that stuff cost? I bought a rubberized roof coat product from Lowes. Got 5gal for something like $40. I put down a heavy thick coat on my 8X16' coop's floor, and I still have almost half a bucket left.
Jack

Rhino Liner itself is expensive but like JackE mentioned there are other similar products. PLEASE always read the labels some products maybe very toxic to animal/humans even after drying or special conditioning may need to be followed before applying.

Whoot!! Old thread I know but this was my plan from day one!! My ex paints cars and I always thought that rhino liner would work wonders... Now ha to get him to come paint it for me and provide the rhino liner for free ... Hmmm .. Lol

Back
Top Bottom