Rhod island red, and asterlorpe gender please ( there 18 weeks)

karlamaria

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Western montana
this is my Asterlorpe we call gertie the gimp ( her toes are crooked)
18HME.jpg
so sweet and gentle. but she has a red comb and the others have yellow. all three asterlorpe are the same age.
1aFbB.jpg

the other bird in question is my RIR , we call her Rusty, and she is soooo sweet to!!
ahnqy.jpg
TmDFs.jpg

I'm gonna have to say definite roos for both. Although, lucky you for having a sweet RIR roo!
tongue.png

EDIT: After looking at the 'lorpe, going by comb/wattles, I'd say roo. Looking at feathers, I don't see any saddle feathers so...
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I can not have a roo
sad.png
this makes me so sad, I love that bird. he /she is the sweetest bird. loves to eat from our hands and comes when we call him/her. all of them do, there all so sweet and have been held since the day we got them. ( we have 6 chickens total

I know what you mean! I've only ever kept 2-5 chickens at a time, and I'm in a very urban area, so I'm always sad when one of the chicks that I happen to be VERY fond of ends up being a roo. But you can always just make sure that he gets a very good home!

How old is your australorp?

I think your australorp is a pullet. She looks much like mine. The roos have got huge red combs and waddles at a pretty early age.

The RIR is almost positively a roo

See, toldya I wasn't sure about that 'lorpe. xD

In any case, you can always just wait until they're crowing/laying before you make any decisions!

there all 18 weeks old, and whats funny is the Lorp, has red on the comb, and the other 2 are yellow. if the RIR is a roo not sure what to do :eek:

I would guess that your other lorp gals should be getting some nice red combs soon. Seems to be a sign that they are getting close to laying.

I'm afraid the problem with roosters are, you either eat something you care about, or someone else will do it for you most likely. However, it might be possible to find someone on here that needs an extra roo or knows of someone who will. Craigslist might be another option, but still might end up as dinner.

I'm not one for breaking rules or laws, but if he's not crowing, assuming that he is really a he
wink.png
I don't see why you couldn't keep him...I mean...her around.

Edited because I want to know what kind of tree that is....BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom