Rhode Island Red Hens

Miss chickie

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 25, 2012
Hello all, I'm getting started, the big coop is ready and I need 5 Rhode Island Red Hens to complete my chickens. I also have 3 beautiful roosters (which were supposed to be hens when I ordered them), they are 18 weeks old, have been vaccinated for Marecks, wormed and the most handsome roosters I've ever seen. One is a Golden Laced Wyandotte, the other two are auracaunas - one looks like an eagle and the other is black, gray, cream with a touch or rust color on his wings. I want to get rid of the roosters as I only want hens. If anyone can use the roosters I will send pictures. Also, if anyone has Rhode Island Red pullets please let me know. Thank you, happy chickens! I am in Ohio.

Last edited:
Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. Listing your state may be helpful in finding homes for your roos. If you are planning on giving them away, you might want to post in the forum Animals in Need of Free Re-Homing. Good luck. :thumbsup

Hi,
welcome-byc.gif
So glad you joined us!!!
wee.gif

oohh that is a sticky situation if i were you I'd give all your chickens away to a local farm and get a new batch next spring because you would have to get a WHOLE bunch more hens to ensure that there was no conflict between the roosters - they might kill each other
hmm.png
but even then you would be mixing age and it would cause conflict.

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Craigs list can be helpful in finding and selling chickens. You should be aware that the boys will likely be eaten, you might want to consider having them processed for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom