1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rhode Island Red Hens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Miss chickie, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Miss chickie

Miss chickie New Egg

Sep 25, 2012
    Hello all, I'm getting started, the big coop is ready and I need 5 Rhode Island Red Hens to complete my chickens. I also have 3 beautiful roosters (which were supposed to be hens when I ordered them), they are 18 weeks old, have been vaccinated for Marecks, wormed and the most handsome roosters I've ever seen. One is a Golden Laced Wyandotte, the other two are auracaunas - one looks like an eagle and the other is black, gray, cream with a touch or rust color on his wings. I want to get rid of the roosters as I only want hens. If anyone can use the roosters I will send pictures. Also, if anyone has Rhode Island Red pullets please let me know. Thank you, happy chickens! I am in Ohio.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. Listing your state may be helpful in finding homes for your roos. If you are planning on giving them away, you might want to post in the forum Animals in Need of Free Re-Homing. Good luck. :thumbsup

3. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    Hi, [​IMG] So glad you joined us!!![​IMG]

4. ChickadeeRanch

ChickadeeRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    oohh that is a sticky situation if i were you I'd give all your chickens away to a local farm and get a new batch next spring because you would have to get a WHOLE bunch more hens to ensure that there was no conflict between the roosters - they might kill each other [​IMG] but even then you would be mixing age and it would cause conflict.

5. Nathan Sampson

Nathan Sampson Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Whitewater Mo
    Welcome to the forum from South East Missouri.

6. Miss chickie

Miss chickie New Egg

Sep 25, 2012
    thank you for the info.

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

10. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Craigs list can be helpful in finding and selling chickens. You should be aware that the boys will likely be eaten, you might want to consider having them processed for yourself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by