Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
I have several different breeds. One is a Rhode Island Red. She started laying eggs two weeks ago. Her eggs are really small. My other hens produced smalled eggs the first week but then started to produce regular size eggs. What is the size egg the Rhode Island Red produces?

I have several different breeds.  One is a Rhode Island Red.  She started laying eggs two weeks ago.  Her eggs are really small.  My other hens produced smalled eggs the first week but then started to produce regular size eggs.  What is the size egg the Rhode Island Red produces?
usually its a large brown

just bought my first rir chicks have a week now. when can I put out in garage they smell with brooder lamp still cold here north upstate thanks

Normally it is safe to move them outside when they are fully feathered. At about 4-6 weeks. If the garage is completely enclosed and it stays above freezing inside it it may be safe to move them out sooner with the heat lamp. We kept ours in a brooder box in the bathroom for 4 weeks. Just kept the vent running and cleaned out the box every other day. Make sure that the water is level and doesn't spill. That greatly increases the odor! How many did you get? Good luck!

Hello. I was introduced to three RIR baby chicks, around 4-3 years ago. The RIR breed is a great egg laying one! Now I recently got 3 RIR baby chicks! They're all hens, and I can't wait to get some eggs!

My avatar is my RIR hen that passed away a year ago.

my rir chicks about 4 wks old can I put them with my older hens speck Sussex..by the way I have given my hens horse grain and they lay 5 everyday cant believe it.. I have so many eggs this year have 6 hens. love my girls so sweet ...

these are my new babies and my have they grown so quick they are 4 wks old now. just put ducks out in coop this eve and they are loving it and doing well left heat lamp on till a little warmer at night cause still young..lost one duck last wk don't know why and he was the biggest..so I have peking/roeun/rir chicks.

my rir chicks about 4 wks old can I put them with my older hens speck Sussex..by the way I have given my hens horse grain and they lay 5 everyday cant believe it.. I have so many eggs this year have 6 hens. love my girls so sweet ...

these are my new babies and my have they grown so quick they are 4 wks old now. just put ducks out in coop this eve and they are loving it and doing well left heat lamp on till a little warmer at night cause still young..lost one duck last wk don't know why and he was the biggest..so I have peking/roeun/rir chicks.
Very cute babies.

Back
Top Bottom