Rhode Island White, White Rock and Cornish X ALL ALIKE!

maf2008

Songster
12 Years
Feb 19, 2009
ya.gif
I have 3 different breeds. the Cornish are for eating and I want to put them on broiler feed,
droolin.gif
but I got the White Rhode Island and White Rock for cross breeding with a few broilers... the joke is on me!!!!
ep.gif

Rhode Island White, White Rock and Cornish X ALL ALIKE!
(and a few dark cornish but they are buff colored)

Now I have a pen of yellow fluffy chicks all sprouting white feathers. The hatchery did NOT color code them when they were shipped.

Any advice? Can I just give broiler feed to all of them? Would this hurt anything? How do I know what to cross with what for breeding... I am just working on a breeding project. What to do now?

you can give them chick starter even the broilers trust me in a week you will be able to tell them apart. the cornish x's will be a whole lot bigger and all they will want to do is lay right by the food and not move.

thats probably what I would have named them too. I have cobb chickens going right now they are 3 weeks old we have them on a diet .they were fully feathered out at 2 weeks. they are getting gigantic

Like what the others said on the cornish X. If you're lucky the RIW are rosecomb instead of single, they are available in both. If not, you will have to wait a while and determine by body type, RIW layed down brick vs. WR stand up.

Good luck to you.
he.gif

Last edited:
I had a leghorn by accident in one of my meaty batches- it ate broiler feed for about a month before I was SURE it wasn't a meaty. A year later, it's fine. Like everyone else said, you'll be able to tell the broilers apart within just a few days.

Back
Top Bottom