Rhubarb??? (please anwser)

I grew up eating rhubarb. The leaf is toxic tohumans, not sure about to chickens. Think of the tomato plant, we eat the tomatoes, not the"plant", which is toxic, in the poisonous plant family, nightshade plant, which can be deadly. Before feeding my chickens something, I research....whatever isn't obvious something they can eat...lettuce, berries, melons....
I gave my chickens a few pieces of the stems last night (the parts I cut off when I was making my cake) and they gobbled it up. There was another thread about this a few weeks ago I think..... All of my chickens are fine today - so I would think that it is fine to give it to them - just not the leaves.

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom