Riggs Pallet Coop! We started with a plan of spending the least amount of money and I liked the idea of people using pallets (cust they are free).. So this is what we started with: We used a total of 4 pallets that that is about 4x4 sized hen house. We had a bunch of 4x4 posts that were lying around so we used them for the legs. We cut them to 2 feet each and attached them to the bottom of the coop. The nest box and the floor of the coop is at waist high. See the attached nesting box. End of Day 1. We've since fixed this vent system.. I didn't like how it was going. Day 2: Finished the siding.. Used all the boards off of left over pallets. Painting started.. Along with the side door for easy cleaning Our coop is going to be inside our garden. This last weekend we started building our garden fence, It's completely lined with a concrete curb. Which makes it great because I have a Jack Russell that would love to dig under to get the chickens. The fence is made up of recyled deck boards we got from our uncle that replaced all his decking around his house last summer. All free, all we had to do is buy the posts and wire. You can see the start of the coop/corral.. We got pretty far, and it's going to have wire all around it with a corragated tin roof. Notice the concrete goes all around it. The Jack Russell checking for flaws in our design. He will find them I'm sure. Can't wait till it's done. We get a new barn shed delivered tomorrow that is going on the slab next to the coop. I'll post more pictures this weekend.