Ringneck eggs this early?

Tolland birds

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 11, 2013
I got a breeding pair of ringnecks from a friend and the hen has started laying.. What should i do? Im new to pheasants.

well i put a heater in my pen and i also seperated the males from the hens for a few weeks so they are like solitary confinement then when i put the hens in there it was like prom night!!!!! I have around 36 hens but if the roosters red things around there eyes are really puffed up then they are courting but i dont know if they are mating!

well i put a heater in my pen and i also seperated the males from the hens for a few weeks so they are like solitary confinement then when i put the hens in there it was like prom night!!!!! I have around 36 hens but if the roosters red things around there eyes are really puffed up then they are courting but i dont know if they are mating!
Thanks for the advice, im going to set these eggs in the incubator and candle them in a week or so

most of my quail eggs get pickled this time of the year but I put a few of my eggs in the bator and at least a coupla of pens are already fertile it looks to be an early spring :)

My ringnecks have been laying for a couple weeks now and every egg since egg 1 has been fertile. The only ones of my birds I really ever see mating are my coturnix, and occasionally the mountain quail.

Back
Top Bottom