Ringneck Pheasant is mean

HE IS A MAGNIFICENT LOOKING LAD
thumbsup.gif

I CANT HELP YOU WITH THE KID SAFETY THING OTHER THAN SAY, IF CONCERNED- DONT LET THEM IN THE PEN UNSUPERVISED... I KNOW THATS A WEAK ANSWER
idunno.gif
... MY DAUGHTER IS 12 BUT SHE COULD RANGLE A RUBY OSTRICH... SHES GROWN UP BIRD WRANGLING AND WELL PREPARED FOR ANY ROOSTER MONKEY SHINES IF YOU WILL... WITH PROPER TEACHING AND EXPOSURE ALL KIDS CAN, BUT I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU'RE AT RIGHT NOW WITH HIM... THIS CAN BE A QUITE COMMON PROBLEM WITH RING NECKS AND MANY OTHER SPECES OF PHEASANT WETHER HAND RAISED OR NOT. ITS A NATURAL BEHAVIOR IF YOU WILL? SO I ALWAYS LOOKED AT IT AS "IT COMES WITH THE BIRDS" PACKAGE DEAL SO TO SPEAK. WISH I HAD A BETTER ANSWER FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK WITH HIM.

Although some people think that this method is unethical, you may consider putting a "blinder" on your rooster. Blinders are a small plastic device that limits the vision of a fighting rooster. The blinder is used to deter the "squaring off" of competing roosters. I use them because of the fact that I have about 12 roosters in the same pen with my hens. It does keep the fighting down to a minimum.

Quote:
Forgive me . . . *enters sarcasm mode, directed at skeptics unwilling to TRY something*

Sure, a blinder is much easier and simpler to use than trying -- just TRYING -- to stalk the bird.
roll.png

(kartking22, my sarcasm is NOT directed at you. Rather, it is directed at closed-minds that pop up from time to time in threads like these.)

IN A SINCERE AND NON SARCASTIC TONE YOU'RE WELCOME TO COME VISIT AND TRY TO STALK HIM.... ITS OK I'M A PARAMEDIC
smile.png
AND I PROMISE NOT TO CHARGE FOR THE TRAUMA DRESSINGS
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Do you have DomC's bird now?

In a sincere and non-sarcastic tone, I have done a lot of stalking and found that it works, which is why I suggested it. It's something I've actually done. It's not a theory.

The OP asked for suggestions, I offered one. Clearly you don't like it. No problem. Don't try it then. It is possible, however, that the OP might want to read my suggestion, might even want to try it, might even find it works.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I love your attitude. I can always count on a good laugh when you post.
thumbsup.gif

I'm holding my first ringneck pheasant chick and hoping it dont turn mean. I'll get a newspaper ready if it does. I have a feeling I have a while though. It just hatched today.Well...yesterday. it's tomorrow already.

One of my male ringnecks grabbed my right index finger and took a chunk out of it on the side. I really think they have teeth sometimes. I use a plastic coffee can to feed them scratch and now I use it to fend him off.

Back
Top Bottom