Ringneck Pheasants laying like crazy

cathunter10

Songster
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Piedmont, MO.
I dont know about any one else but my RNs are realy kicking out the eggs this year and fertility is way up also we are getting 94 to 96 % hatch it has never happened in the past.My egg production is up at least a 3rd over past years Any one else having the same resalts this spring.
Bill

How many hens do you have and how many eggs do you pick a day?
I have 3 hens, one started laying since 4 days and i picked an egg every day sofar!
big_smile.png

Yep My Girls Are Kickin It ... Laid All The Way Up To X-mas... Took A 2 Week Break And Started Again, Albeit A Slower Rate For A MonTh Or 2 Then Fired It Up And Its Been Ripping Ever Since. We've Had Some Unseasonably Torrential Rains Recently And They Would Slack Off For The Rain Storm Itself Then Be Right Back At Full Production The Next Dry Day. Fertility Has Been Good All Along, I Set The Last "straggler Eggs The Week Of Christmas... Small Numbers And The Holidays I Didnt Want To Try To Ship Them.... So I Set A Batch Christmas Eve And Had 100% Hatch Rate
smile.png

Last edited:
jjmr I dont know what it is but I have been raising ringnecks for 40 years and I have never had production and fertility like I am having this year I was thinking about getting more hens so I could fill my orders but these old gals are putting out enough eggs to keep up and we are getting as many orders as normal.Our costemers report that they are getting 65 to70% hatch on shipped eggs.

Kip I have 22 hens and we are getting from 16 to 18 eggs a day on average These are two defferent faimilys of ring necks that came from different breeders.I maitain two breeder pens so that I am not in breeding rather I am line breeding,
Bill

I have ringneck also and I only have two females & five males and they are laying also. What do you do with your eggs. I don't never see anyone selling any here. I know mine are fertile and have an abundance of eggs and don't know if I need to sell or give away. I have 3 one year old males also I need to get rid of, too many! How much do ask for eggs or male pheasants. I have no clue. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks, Jodi

My hens just started laying about a week ago. This is typical for living up north. I have yet to start incubating.
I sold eggs last year pretty much across the country. These were my extra eggs that I had no room for in the incubator. I was selling them for $3/dozen plus shipping costs just to find a home for these eggs rather than throwing them out. I had many happy customers with an amazing no eggs cracked or broken with my shipping method. 33 dozen eggs shipped from Oregon to Florida to Texas and New Mexico.

Kartking22 I just want to thank you for the quality of eggs you shipped me last year To freshon up my birds They are realy laying well this springand fertility is very high.As a matter of fact I am getting so many eggs from my alaskan snows that I will be offering eggs on them this week.Agin thank you Sir.
Bill

I have five hens and I am geting 5 eggs a day . We had a pretty hard winter here wonder if that might have something to do with it?

Back
Top Bottom