Ringneck Pheasants- post your pics or questions.

A Word Of Caution... Many States Have Laws That Expressly Prohibit Taking Gamebird Speces From The Wild. Also You Are Introducing Her To Other Bird Diseasaes And Vice Versa To Your Birds.

Quote:
True....but I doubt this is a wild bird. Sounds like one that was released and is now looking for the security of being back in a place with food, water and shelter.

The risk of disease is not much different than if you were to buy a bird at a swap.

Quote:
True....but I doubt this is a wild bird. Sounds like one that was released and is now looking for the security of being back in a place with food, water and shelter.

The risk of disease is not much different than if you were to buy a bird at a swap.

QUITE POSSIBLY TRUE RANDY, BUT MN DNR LISTS RINGNECKS AS NATIVE GAME SPECES THAT ARE CONTROLLED AND THE REGS SPECIFICALLY STATE THEY CAN ONLY BE REMOVED FROM THE WILD WITH PROPER HUNTING LICENSURE, DURING APPROVED SEASON DATES, AND DEAD. THUS TECHNICALLY THIS ACTION IS ILLEGAL. AS AN AVID OUTDOORSMEN WHO HAS AND CONTINUES TO TRAVEL THIS GREAT COUNTRY IN PERSIUT OF GAME SPECES I HAVE LEARNED THERE ARE FEW HARD AND FAST RULES THAT COVER ALL STATES... 1 IS GAME WARDENS HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR WHILE ON THE CLOCK. 2 IS THAT ANY WILDLIFE INFRACTIUON USUALLY GETS PENALIZED WAY WORSE THAN THE WORLDS BIGGEST DRUG KING PIN/ AXE MURDERER ALL ROLLED INTO 1 (ITS NOT RIGHT IR JUST BUT IT IS TRUE
smile.png
) AND 3 (THO IT HAS NO BEARING HERE) IS THAT GAMEWARDENS DO NOT UNDERSTAND/ BELIEVE IN/ OR COMPREHEND FREE RANGING.

MY MAIN CONCERN IS FOR THE LADY'S LEGAL LIABILITY.. I HATE TO SEE FOLKS PUNISHED FOR INNOCENT AND WELL MEANT GESTURES

Quote:
The disease thing isn't anything I'm really worried about. She has been hanging around my birds for the last few weeks anyways. Not like I can stop her. lol I'm looking into getting a permit just incase she decides to stay here. She seems rather tame. I do believe like Spectrumranch said she is or has been someones pet or something.

I have a question about my melanistics. I only have 2, 3 hatched but I lost one when I took their light away too early
sad.png
The 2 remaining, I know 1 is a male, he's starting to get the red thing around his eye.

The other one is smaller, has white on the throat still (the obvious male doesn't have this anymore), and doesn't have any red thing developing. What are the chances that I have a pair?
fl.gif

Shelley If They Are The Same Age They Both Should Be Developing Wattles If Male.. The Fact That Only 1 Has Them Is A Good Sign They Are A Pair. Tho Much Like Your Coturnix They Really Need Harems To Do Best, In Many Speces Of Pheasants, And Especially In Ringneck Speces, Cock Birds Can Literally Harass A Single Hen To Death Or Tear Them Up Much Worse Than Your Coturnix Roos. The Pair May Be Fine, But Close Inspection And Observation Is Definately Warranted During Breeding Season

Back
Top Bottom