Ringneck with a crooked neck

tink69

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
NorthCentral Iowa
Sure hope somebody on here can help me! I hatched out three ringneck chicks about 7 or so weeks ago. All was fine up until last week. I was gone on vacation and my dad was checking on them for me and he called and said one of them had a crooked neck. Now I really didnt belive him because when I left they all looked fine. Now does anybody know what would have caused this and is there anyway to fix it. I am planning on letting them go because they are all three hens and really wanted one to be a rooster. But from what I have read on here and by looking at them I would say yes to all hens. Unless somebody has a rooster about the same age that they would be willing to let go. Any help is greatly appreciated because Im afraid if I let the one go it will not make it in the wild. Thanks in advance. Tink

You have a good chance of correcting it with Polivisol, a liquid (human) baby vitamin. Get some and give the bird a couple of drops each day for a week.

We've had several in our time, we were never able to correct it. Many of them lived to adulthood though. They can't do much and when the run they go in a circle so getting away from a predator is pretty hard.

Back
Top Bottom