RIP Big Daddy!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sassy1967, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Sassy1967

Sassy1967 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    Alabama
    My heart is breaking!! When I went to feed my feathered friends and let them out to roam, I noticed Big Daddy (my Yokohama Roo) lying lifeless on the ground. He was given to me by a friend that lost her coops during the April Tornadoes we had here in Alabama. He was her favorite Roo and quickly became mine. He made it through a deadly tornado but lost his life 6 months later. I'm going to miss that baby!! [​IMG] He's the one in my profile pic...beautiful baby!

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I'm so sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

3. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    [​IMG]

4. Nicki

Nicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    I'm so sorry!! [​IMG]

5. Sassy1967

Aug 15, 2011
    Alabama
    Thank ya'll very much. Today has been rough, but knowing I have people that understand makes it a little easier. I'm sure you know what I mean. There are folks out there that just can't understand and emotional attachment to something like a chicken or rooster. Atleast I know ya'll do! [​IMG]

6. scubagirlwonder

scubagirlwonder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Sammamish, WA
    Quote:We definitely understand!! Our feathered friends are so much more than just livestock to us, and it hurts when we lose them! So sorry to hear of his passing.

7. simplysophie

simplysophie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    He was very beautiful, what breed was he? So sorry for your loss. I know it isn't easy.

8. Sassy1967

Aug 15, 2011
    Alabama
    Thank you [​IMG] He was a Yokohama (ornamental). I have been looking for another one,..but can't find anyone that sells them. He sure was a sweetie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by