RIP Citra

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
Our beloved 10 year old yellow lab, Citra, passed away on Monday. I thought I could get past it since she wasn't MY dog. But it's just hitting me that my lab, Thunder, is 13.

Citra was the "dumb" lab we all know about. She was the sweetest dog on the face of the earth, but even the trainer gave up on her. She gave us our money back because nothing on earth could get Citra to stay away from people.

She would come under any circumstance, but you try to get her to stay....LOL

I feel awful, because her early death could have been prevented. She got heartworms within this last year. With her age, the vet and our family decided it was best to not test her system. She wouldn't survive the injections. So, he gave us Heartgard to help treat the adult worms. It wouldn't hurt her because it would work slowly instead of fast.

The day before she passed, I heard her coughing and hacking and I thought to myself "We need to get her put down...she isn't having a good life anymore." But she took it from us.

Thunder, the 13 year old is starting to lose weight ridiculously and I've heard him coughing. But he and Marley, the 4 year old are on heartworm meds and have both tested negative for heartworms.

I'm just scared...seems like I'm losing everything at once.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that. You've been going through so much lately.

hugs.gif

So sorry to hear this, with everything else going on!
hugs.gif

Don't be too hard on yourself. You've had so much going on! I will say that it was probably good that you didn't have to make that decision. You'd be second guessing yourself for years to come.

On your 13 yo, you know dogs can get a type of bronchitis, and also allergies that will make them cough. If he's on preventative, he should be fine.

I hope things start getting better for you soon!
hugs.gif

Sorry for your loss,

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom