RIP Macy 4/23/22 - 11/25/22

Macy, my Cuckoo Maran unexpectedly passed away. :hit:hit:hit She just turned seven months old and was known as "The Brains of the Operation". Macy was my smartest hen in my flock. She even knew a trick that no other chicken I've ever owned knew. Macy was named after my first Cuckoo Maran hen, Maisy.

This thread is in the loving memory of Macy. :hit:hit

View attachment 3333231

View attachment 3333232

View attachment 3333233

View attachment 3333234

View attachment 3333238
The last good picture of Macy:
View attachment 3333239
A video of Macy:

Macy is now in my list of hardest chicken losses. Her death was so unexpected, and so hard for how close I was to her. My last memory of her living is from this morning. I saw her standing in a corner of the coop and picked her up because she was alone. I didn't hold her long but put her back down thinking she didn't want to be held and opened the door to the run. Oh, how I wish I held her a little bit longer and knew that this was her last morning! I remember seeing her last night sleeping on the middle roost with Zelda. (Zelda is my other Cuckoo Maran. She loves Macy and wants to be just like her. Her and Macy were referred to as the "Twins".)

~Lacy Duckwing

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs Macy will be remembered. She was clearly a special little bird to you. Rest in peace sweet Macy, you will never be forgotten. ❤

Sending you love and hugs from Australia Lacy! So sorry to hear this news!!! It always hurts so much, but some more than others I admit, it's like some just worm their way into our hearts so much it feels like a piece of us is missing when they cross the rainbow bridge.
Hug your flock, keep them closer around you for your mental health at this painful time, and know we are thinking of you!!!
Dr Alicia Manolas

Macy was buried yesterday afternoon. Thankfully the ground wasn't frozen solid yet so she could be buried.

20221127_133811.jpg

It's so hard without Macy in the flock anymore. It's like there's something missing in the flock. There's no more sound of her clucking, no more of her looking up at me to do her trick, and no more moments of her amazing ways. :hit:hit:hit

Macy, my Cuckoo Maran unexpectedly passed away. :hit:hit:hit She just turned seven months old and was known as "The Brains of the Operation". Macy was my smartest hen in my flock. She even knew a trick that no other chicken I've ever owned knew. Macy was named after my first Cuckoo Maran hen, Maisy.

This thread is in the loving memory of Macy. :hit:hit

View attachment 3333231

View attachment 3333232

View attachment 3333233

View attachment 3333234

View attachment 3333238
The last good picture of Macy:
View attachment 3333239
A video of Macy:

Macy is now in my list of hardest chicken losses. Her death was so unexpected, and so hard for how close I was to her. My last memory of her living is from this morning. I saw her standing in a corner of the coop and picked her up because she was alone. I didn't hold her long but put her back down thinking she didn't want to be held and opened the door to the run. Oh, how I wish I held her a little bit longer and knew that this was her last morning! I remember seeing her last night sleeping on the middle roost with Zelda. (Zelda is my other Cuckoo Maran. She loves Macy and wants to be just like her. Her and Macy were referred to as the "Twins".)

~Lacy Duckwing

Your post brings tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss and can only pray you have another Macy in your life soon. I would feel the same if my Lucy passed away.

It's always so hard to lose a chicken or animal you love. About a week ago I lost one of my silkies, Penny, she was beautiful, sweet and gentle. I wasn't ready for her to go. There are times such as this that I remember her and start to tear up but I remind myself not to get mad about what happened but to be thankful for the time that I did have with her. And to not take any moment for granted as you never know which one may be your last. I'm so sorry for your loss. ❤️

-so very sorry for your loss. To many of us, our flocks are dear pets - not just livestock. Each bird brings something unique and special to the group, and touches our hearts in special ways. Clearly, she meant so much to you and was very loved. -prayers for peace and comfort.

Back
Top Bottom