RIP Sage the Silkie

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RAWR, Jun 27, 2010.

1. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    Today I woke up late (around 8:30) so I hop in the shower and wait for my bf to come pick me up so we could spend the day together. I asked my brother to put the chicks out so i wouldnt get all gross and all that. I get bored easy and when I get bored, I nap. So 2 hours later I wake up, still no call from the bf, and the chicks where still not outside. So I yell at my brother, and go out to do it myself because he wasnt going to do it and apparently my bf forgot about today.... [​IMG]
    So I get all the Australorp chicks out then I start on the silkies, like I do everyday. I got the younger four silks out and putr them in their pen first, like usual, and I then went and started on the two older silks...only to find my splash roo, Sage...my favorite, dead. Me and Sage were like Kooshie and her roo Lord Firestar. The roo was so sweet and he never tryed to hurt anyone. And he was just starting to crow and just starting to get real pretty... I dont really understand... the other five were fine. they wernt panting and the all had fresh water (fresh as in changed before bed), fresh food, new bedding, I checked his mouth for any white patches and there wernt any..
    yesterday he was fine. running around, trying to crow, trying to fly, cuddling, just like he normaly does. I loved that roo so much... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    [​IMG]

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    So sorry....I don't know what happens. I had the same thing happen...great in the morning and dead at 3:00 pm. It's heartbreaking..

4. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

Im so sorry. Chickens are like that sometimes

5. chicken head34

chicken head34 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    middleburg
    Im srry for your loss....[​IMG]

6. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    thankiez :'(

7. Sushi

Sushi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Michigan
    Awww. I'am sorry for your loss. I bought a dozen silkie day olds when I first got mine and I only kept 3 out of the batch. I sold the others as they fluffed out, and two of them went to a friend of a friend that was clicker training them for comercials. I just got a msg from her the other day saying they both just got sick and died last week. One passed away in the afternoon and the other one was dead the next morning. We are thinking they might have gotten sick from her dogs which have kennel cough right now. She is pretty hurt over it and so am I. I did raise them for 6 weeks. Its hard not to get attached to them all. I offered her a frizzled cochin chick for her to take when her dogs recover, but she's going to have to start all over again with the training.
    Anyways, I'm really sorry for the loss of your beautiful birdie. They can die so suddenly and easily.

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm sorry [​IMG] I hate losing my little friends and especially not knowing why.

9. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    so sorry, my Silkies are so very, very special to me - it is awful to lose any of our Silkie's - one of my babies died last week - I know how bad it is to feel over the loss of a very special one!

[​IMG]

10. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Aw Poor Sage [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by