RIP Silkie

I'm so sorry, I too lost a really snuggly silkie... it thought I was its mummy and slept on my lap... a fox killed it and it's family.

I do so understand how sad it is, my condolences. I hope it is my silkie's friend in chicken heaven!
Aww I totally understand that dynamic, she always loved snuggles. I am so sorry for your loss as well, how tough to lose a sweet family. I hope they are enjoying lavish food and sunshine in chicken heaven!!

Aww I totally understand that dynamic, she always loved snuggles. I am so sorry for your loss as well, how tough to lose a sweet family. I hope they are enjoying lavish food and sunshine in chicken heaven!!
Me too, it is nice to imagine them being happy there.

Oh noo!! I have a Polish silkie mix and that is the only other bird I would have been very sad to lose. I am terribly sorry for your losses. I have created a much better, covered run to prevent this from happening again. My poor 5 yr old daughter found her..the whole thing was a tough experience.
Mine free range. Next polish I get, will live with my silkies. They stand no chance with my layer group.

I'm sorry your daughter had to experience that. My daughter will be 4 in a couple weeks. She had already experienced her share of chicken deaths. It's hard to explain why her favorite bird is gone, or why we are burying one. Hugs for you and your kiddo! I feel for yins! :hugs

It gave me an opportunity to explain nature in a difficult way, and I was beyond impressed with how she grieved and processed. Many many tears were shed, but I'm so proud of her heart!
Thank you though I certainly
I'm sorry your daughter had to experience that. My daughter will be 4 in a couple weeks. She had already experienced her share of chicken deaths. It's hard to explain why her favorite bird is gone, or why we are burying one. Hugs for you and your kiddo! I feel for yins! :hugs
Thank you so much!

Try getting an inflatable tube man and put it near your coop or wherever your chickens hang out.

Attachments

• 514m7+3OwhL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    514m7+3OwhL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom