Risk of scaley leg mite transfer?

Thanks! I'll do that and will do the lice/mites check on all the older ladies. It isn't too miserable outside right now so it might be a good time for chicken spa....warm water butt wash. They end up nice and fresh when the rodeo is over and I look and smell like.....you know.

I was able to get pictures of the oldest girl's feet. I really think the Campho Phenique must have helped because she is the only one whose feet look a bit different. I will try to post photos tomorrow and will check out the information suggested. Thanks for responses!
I am going to try soaking their feet in Epsom Salt and then, if necessary, scraping out the mites from under the scales. After that I will be covering their legs in vaseline to suffocate any remaining mites. I will also be putting diatomaceous earth in their coop and in their chicken yard. It also helps with worms if they have them.

They have poopy butts too?
I prefer to trim poopy feathers off with small blunt nose scissors.
Adding Dr. Braggs Organic Unfiltered Apple cider vinegar to their water helps with pasty butt. add a jigger to 3 gallons of water and it is great for their digestion.

Adding Dr. Braggs Organic Unfiltered Apple cider vinegar to their water helps with pasty butt. add a jigger to 3 gallons of water and it is great for their digestion.
I don't think @specklesmom chicken has pasty butt, sounds like juicy poops.
Could be several different causes.
ACV isn't the miracle everyone thinks it is and could make certain things worse.

Back
Top Bottom