River Day and the Courage to Dive!

baccalynnwv

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2016
West Virginia
Almost 9 weeks old.

It was river day again. They were so excited and didn't even wait to follow me! They knew right were to go.

The lighter billed one, Waddles, is the brave one. She swam the most and even dove under the water some. This is the first time they have really swam while here. The Dark billed one, Tubby, is a bit more cautious. :)

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

Last edited:
If you want to know what gorgeous is people, Those ducks are just that. Very cute indeed. Do you ever have any trouble bringing them back to the house/pen? Or are they just imprinted to know that your Mumma and you lead the way home?

-Mustang

Usually they follow me everywhere. When at the river though, I actually have to herd them back up the bank. Its not hard, and once we get to the top they just follow me right back to the house. I am thinking when they get older they may not be so inclined to follow me so easy.

Usually they follow me everywhere. When at the river though, I actually have to herd them back up the bank. Its not hard, and once we get to the top they just follow me right back to the house. I am thinking when they get older they may not be so inclined to follow me so easy.

It looks like they are having fun! I have a pond at my house I really want to bring my ducks to it! But if I do they might not want to come back.:/
Are they Mallards?

I'm really not sure. We suspect they are, or are some kind of hybrid. They followed us home from the river one day. They were just days old as far as I could tell! I have a video posted on this forum somewhere showing them coming up to us. So we adopted them. They had to have imprinted on humans at some point to come up to us like that. So.... I'm going to call them hybrids.....for obvious reasons.

It was really funny. They were both on the very edge of the river playing. Then the dark billed ond fell and ended up pushing Waddles into the river. She decided she liked it but Tubby stayed on the bank mostly. He/She isn't so sure yet. I started recording just seconds to late.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom