RIW roo crossed with red sexlink hen

rabbitguy

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
hello all. I am new to chicken breeding. I have a Rhode Island white rooster and red sex link hens. I currently have eggs incubating that are fertile. I was wondering if there was a name for this cross and what I can expect my chickens to look like.

hello all. I am new to chicken breeding. I have a Rhode Island white rooster and red sex link hens. I currently have eggs incubating that are fertile. I was wondering if there was a name for this cross and what I can expect my chickens to look like.
no name so far. and no sexlinks so far(all chicks will be yellow/cream at hatch)

Females will be Silver Columbian, 50% of them will be all white due to dominant white and 50% will be Columbian(white body, black tail and some black hackle stippling lacking domiant white)

Males will be "Golden" Columbian, 50% of them will be Golden Columban with white tails due to dominant white and 50% will be golden Columbian with black tail(lacking domiant white)

how will the golden columbian males will look? white lower body with Brassy(yellow/Orange hackles and saddles)

take a look at this roo, your cross will look just like it but maybe a bit more orange instead of yellow

not my bird
55349_chickenswinter2010-11_002.jpg

how would your Golden Columbian males look with dominant white(same as bird above but with white tails and fly feathers)

not my bird.

Thanks for the info! I'll post pics of the chicks on this thread sometime this weekend. The chicks just started hatching!

One more question. My red sex links lay an egg a day year round. Can I expect the same from these offspring?

Back
Top Bottom