Rochelle here, new member

Rochelle Day

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2022
As part of home schooling my grand daughter, we got an incubator and eggs to hatch. We made it into a little business selling eggs and laying hens to help her learn about managing livestock and a business. She built a website and was really good at selling eggs. When she turned 15 she lost interest in the chicken business so I took over. Now we have about 100 chickens of several breeds and some barnyard mix. I've been focused on getting more of the dark chocolate color eggs lately and not having such good luck incubating, that's why I decided to join BYC to see if I could get some help from fellow chicken lovers. I also have a small flock of sheep. Many years ago my husband and I were into providing all our own food. It was fun and we enjoyed it, but my husband was an artist and we suddenly were successful at selling his work. That took us away from gardening and farming for many years. Then our grand daughter was born and living with us so we wanted to get back into that lifestyle. Gardening, Sheep and Chickens!

Back
Top Bottom