Rockadoodle’s swollen foot

Brandi_Piper

Hatching
Dec 6, 2020
Please help! My rooster has a swollen foot I was thinking it was bumble foot but there is no area that has been cut or opened.
1607312358882.jpeg

What have the nighttime temperatures been? The two middle toes have a bit of darkness that could be mild frostbite. How does the top of his foot look? Bumblefoot can happen on the top as well. I would try to rule out injury, infection of the foot, and gout.

I don’t really know. When my chicken had bumble foot it was in the early stages so we used and epsom salt mixed with water to give her a foot bath. But the cut was still open I don’t know what to do.

What have the nighttime temperatures been? The two middle toes have a bit of darkness that could be mild frostbite. How does the top of his foot look? Bumblefoot can happen on the top as well. I would try to rule out injury, infection of the foot, and gout.
Tonight it’s 39* I think the lowest it has been is in the upper 20’s. We give him some tylan, ibuprofen and liquid drench yesterday. We will repeat that again tomorrow to see if it will give him any relief. I’m on here looking for ideas as well. I feel sorry for him you can tell it hurts him

I don’t really know. When my chicken had bumble foot it was in the early stages so we used and epsom salt mixed with water to give her a foot bath. But the cut was still open I don’t know what to do.
Thanks for taking the time to try and help. Have a Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom