Rockford, Illinois!

Actually where I live is silver Creek but I'm on the outskirts of silver Creek. About 5 country blocks to German valley. And actually I'm the step mother of 3 boys and they call me Bebe lol

Silver Creek is what you would consider a township in between Bailyville and German valley
I have lived in this area most of my life. I pass through Baileyville on occasional trips to Freeport and I have been to German Valley on multiple occasions, but I never knew of the existence of any Silver Creek nearby or elsewhere in Illinois. I'll have to check it out some time on a Chicken Tour. There is at least BYC member I have communicated with that lives in Baileyville. Of course, odd locations in Illinois should not be strange to me. I have a Winnebago address with a Seward Phone number but my kids go to Byron Schools because we live on the South side of Montague Rd. I'd love to see your setup sometime.

Weird I'm off of Montague on Browns mill.... Do you know of the train museum in n Freeport? Its silver creek also but located in Freeport. I have a freeport address but reside in silver creek but my kids go to Forreston so ya I totally get it lol.

Any of my fellow Rockford area chicken enthusiasts have some fertile eggs they are willing to part with? I have a broody that has been sitting steady on golf balls for a few days and while it's not necessarily the best time to hatch chicks, I want to see if she will see it through as she is a first timer and I am too.

Believe it or not, all of the cockerel chicks I ordered in the spring turned out to be girls (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but I have no fertile eggs of my own to give her.

I am not overly concerned about any specific breeds or crosses or even crosses of crosses at this time. Mixed breeds and crosses are definitely welcome. I'll pay what is fair for non-pure bred eggs. However, I would be willing to pay as well for pure bred hatching eggs as long as they aren't too expensive.

Let me know here or private message me. I will gladly make the drive in the Winnebago-Ogle-Boone-Stephenson county area.

I LIVE IN ROCKFORD..... We need to get rid of the "NO CHICKEN" laws in town.... where do we start?

I had 5 chickens until the end of last summer when the city made me get rid of them.... I want to get them back.

Back
Top Bottom