Rockin' Amazing things we love about the new forum architecture

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
We need to take a step back and revel in the GOOD things about this change, because focusing on those glorious additions will help us move forward into this ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY improvement (the old BYC was about to irretrievably collapse) as well as help others find the tools and shortcuts we discover and adore. I won't point out that I love being able to change font size and color easily.
hide.gif
(OK, I pointed it out.)

I'll start:

My new favorite way to navigate when I first log on is to:

• Hover over the 'Forum' brown tab at the top and click 'I've Posted.'
  • Then I go to the first thread I want to continue a conversation in.

Here's the kicker: I can post on the thread and then hit my browser's 'Back' button and I go right back to the page that shows all of the threads I've posted in!! It used to take a bunch of clicks!! I'm LOVING this!!

As you folks tell me what you love, I'll move them up to the top of this post to have a running thread we can all refer to- it'll give us a lot to learn that is fun and positive.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of the "multi-quote" feature. I used to have to pull off some tabbed-browsing and BBCode gymnastics to get the same effect. Soooo much easier now!

Theres so much neat stuff here now, Im spending a lot more time here. I can honestly say I dont miss the previous BYC one bit.

I am enjoying the challenge of the conversion. I feel like it's a fun thing to try to memorize every in and out of the new system.

When was the last time some of us have challenged ourselves to learn something new? It can be frustrating at first, but if you approach it like a game and celebrate your small victories (like adding photos or changing font size) then you'll be in a better mindset!

Here's one of my favorites. Clicking the "I've Posted" link gives a page showing threads in which you've posted, and you can see which ones have new posts since yours. It's a really easy way to track all the active discussions in which you are participating; a big and efficient time saver.

The "unanswered" is also nice. You can spot threads that no one has answered, to make sure the OP doesn't get ignored.

I love that I can post pictures now! Like you guys love that my posts are so easy to find. I find it easier to find different threads, love the spell check! I am old & don't do well with change but really enjoying this change! Still the best of all is all the great info. on here!!

Back
Top Bottom