Rogue chicken fled into woods at night

kairosdreaming

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 29, 2011
Do I have any hope I'll find her alive in the morning? I was rounding up the chickens to go back inside and had two of my bantams (silkie and a d'uccle) run off into the woods at the side of the area they free range. I was able to locate one when she went up to roost (the d'uccle) and was able to catch her and return her to the coop, but I couldn't locate the silkie at all. I searched until it got too dark. As a background, they've been in the coop for over a month now and I've recently started letting them free range for an hour or so at the end of the day, but today I let them out midway through the day so they had more time to roam around. We're working on getting up to a full day but they're not very good at returning to the coop when it starts to get dark.

Well I hope you found her this morning.
fl.gif

I looked all over this morning and again right before I left for work (imagine my surprise when my boss told me I had a bush in my hair; apparently I got into some brambles and didn't realize it) and turned up nothing. However, I just checked after getting home from work and heard this little peeping coming from the bushes. There she was! She let me come get her (usually she doesn't let me touch her at all) so I'm guessing she had a pretty scary night all by herself. I'm just glad she's back though and safe and sound.

Back
Top Bottom