Roo calls, post 'em here!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Robin'sBrood, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I love the way my rooster crows, he makes this funny little noise at the end of it. He was crowing a while ago - because my next door neighbors were outside [​IMG] - so I grabbed my camera and opened the window just in time to capture the end of his crowing episode.

Here he is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3y7lecs6HA

Sorry
    the quality is so bad, the sun was reflecting on the black bird netting that covers the run, plus it was filmed through the screen in the window.

I for one would enjoy seeing and hearing other BYC members' roosters in action, so capture the moment and post it here. [​IMG]

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    In this video little WeeMan roo is crowing in the background. The camera is (sorta) focused on the biggest little rooster. This video was taken about an hour before the biggest little rooster jumped to his death into the neighbors dog pen.

[​IMG]

3. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Awww... [​IMG] ... he was such a handsome fella too.

4. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    He's in my avatar now. And he is the star of my Chicken Love Story, which I will have to really work on getting published, so everyone can get to know him.
    That last crow of his squeaked at the end, and made me laugh.

I like listening to different rooster crows, also. Have you ever heard the long crowers?

This is one sickly sounding rooster-

5. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Yep, I've watched many videos of those long crowers. They're hilarious! I know I couldn't have any though cause they'd drive me bats... can't imagine what my neighbors would say. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by