Roo is an EE, what color eggs will the offspring lay?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rachel, Apr 28, 2009.

1. rachel

rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I am letting my muscovy hatch some chicken chicks. The roo that fertilized all of the eggs is an Easter Egger, and the hens are leghorns, barred rocks, polish, wyandottes and EE's. I know EE's themselves are mutts, so I'm curious if there is going to be a predictable result as far as offspring egg color, I thought I remembered hearing somewhere that the roo carried the gene for egg color?? Hopefully someone can help me with this. [​IMG]

2. retiredwithchicks

retiredwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Byrdstown, TN
    My EE offspring lay green eggs, kinda dark green. They are a cross with RIR and White leghorn.

3. rachel

rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Do they look like EE's? Or more in between... I'm really hoping that the polish/EE cross will hatch, I'm really curious..

4. retiredwithchicks

retiredwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Byrdstown, TN
    The chickens crossed with white and EE are white with dark gray/black fleathers in the the next area, similar to a delaware but not so striking. The one crossed with the RIR is red with the black streaks in the body and neck. My EE rooser is cream colored body with black tail/wing area. Very beautiful bird! Since there are different colors of EE's will depend on your coloring on rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by