Roo not acting himself...

E.M. Silkies

Songster
9 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Georgia
We have a faverolle roo who is not acting himself lately. He got kind of sickly, a little runny nose but we doctored him and he got better. But now he is acting funny again. He eats and drinks fine but he's not nearly as active and he just seems kind of out of it. Kind of lethargic. Whats wrong?

Could just be a cold.... we had one like that then after a bit he was fine. Also might check into CRD. Good luck.
fl.gif

try giving him some electrolyte solution to hepl boost him up, also, maybe some cracked corn to help produce body heat

If it is, in fact, CRD, that crud comes back on them in times of stress(which in chicken world could be any number of things).
MY OPINION ONLY-isolate him in the event of something communicable(my vet says out of line of sight of other birds-or at least 100 feet away), keep him warm, and put some water soluble antibiotics in the water(Terramyacin would be my first choice).
If you're brave enough and you see him deteriorating, get some Tylan 100 injectable and give him a shot in the breast area(1 time a day for a couple of days).
Sure hope he gets better soon.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom