Roo or Hen??

Look on their head, behind their eyes for their ears. The waddle descends from the earlobes. If you gently move the short feathers away you will see the ear hole. The vent is the chicken's rear. This is where they lay eggs from and poop from. It's a multi-purpose hole, lol!

For reference, on my profile photo the little tuft of feathers to the left of her eye is what covers her ear hole. The yellow space to the left of that is her ear lobe.

OK!!!!! Let me ask this!!! I was cooking breakfast this morning and I cracked open 6 eggs. 5 of the eggs I think had the bulleye! Does this mean its fertile?? If so I know my pearl leghorn is laying the white eggs and my other 3 chickens are to young to lay. So that leaves My Red Sex Link and the mystery chicken above. Now if the chicken above will only lay white eggs. Then who is laying the Large Brown eggs??..... it must be the Red Sex Link!! Leaveing the mystery chicken above to be who is fertilizing the eggs if the bullseye really shows its fertile???

Is this not the bullseye? Are my eggs fertile?

How old is this bird? I'm pretty sure it's a hen, but age will tell.

I don't think that egg is fertile. Pics are always difficult to get of good fertilized eggs, but what I see there just looks like a circle. A fertile egg has that spot then a definite ring around it, making the bulls-eye.

I know sorry about the picture! :/ but the egg did have another ring around it making a bullseye how ever the chicken has neither crowd or layed and its the same age as the other two I got from the same person but I don't know the age

Back
Top Bottom