1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roo or hen

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chic hens 81, Oct 10, 2014.

1. chic hens 81

chic hens 81 New Egg

Oct 10, 2014
    Hi I've just finally found silkies. Was so excited to bring them home as soon as they got let out they started fighting. [​IMG] someone please help me to know if I just bought 6 Roos. How can you tell

2. ThePRfan

ThePRfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2014
    Do you have hens already in there?Did they immeditily start fighting.It could be pecking or order.Roosters normally fight for a flock leader if its just roos.Their not fighting for fun.It could be devoloping peck order.Roosters will fight if unknown,but roosters that lived with eachother dont,unless there's hens envolved.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Young Silkies are notoriously difficult to sex and we won't even begin to be able to do that without some pics. If you can post some pics for us, we'll be happy to take a look at them, otherwise it's like shooting in the dark.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by