Roo or pullet frizz dilemma!

And I’d guess it will carry the frizzle gene if it’s truly from a frizzle parentage, so babies will have a chance at being frizzled!
Unfortunately not the case.
Responsible breeders and trusted hatcheries only breed frizzle x smooth feathered as frizzle x frizzle has a chance of producing a homozygous frizzle known as a frazzle, which tends to have health issues such as enlarged organs.
Frizzle is a dominant gene, so if it carried it you would know.

Unfortunately not the case.
Responsible breeders and trusted hatcheries only breed frizzle x smooth feathered as frizzle x frizzle has a chance of producing a homozygous frizzle known as a frazzle, which tends to have health issues such as enlarged organs.
Frizzle is a dominant gene, so if it carried it you would know.
Oh, oops--I knew that they wouldn't be carriers. I answered at like midnight...shouldn't have done that haha.

Hi got some chicks a few weeks ago and know that silkies and frizzles are hard to sex. Now it may be my pessimism talking but is Ms. Frizzle a Mr. Frizzle or even a frizzle? She/he is roughly 5-6 weeks old. I don't have another frizzle for comparison, but the other breeds I have don't really have a comb yet. Thanks for all of your help.
How does he look now?

Back
Top Bottom